Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Early Family Blog vintage collection!

For those of you hardcore Early Family Blog fans, you will be thrilled to hear that I have invested time into adding some 'vintage Early' posts! This blogging thing all started after our fabulous family trip to Washington D.C. in August, 2005. I totally fell in love with the place and couldn't wait to show my family in the UK all that I had learned about American history. Unfortunately we had so many photos that were unable to send them by email at the time! We didn't set out for the blog to become an ongoing project but have found that it's a great way to capture and share our family memories with you each month. When I'm doing my updates it also gives me an opportunity to reflect and appreciate just how lucky we are. Lucky to have each other and lucky to have all of you to share our lives with:). Anyway, I've been promising myself that if I ever set up a half-way decent 'backing up' system for my photos I would add some blog entries from back in time. I'm calling it our 'vintage collection.' Hope you enjoy...

Sounds like a blast, Clare - how do I get to the vintage collection of which you speak?

Great question Mike! Simply access the BLOG ARCHIVE section on the left hand side of the main page underneath the links to the other blogs. Pick a month and have at it. Or you can click here and keep hitting the 'Older Posts' links at the bottom to wade your way through. And you're welcome.

Will it take forever to read it all, Clare - I have a life too you know?

Good point, Scott - yes there are quite a few entries. You may want to pace yourself and read a couple each day.

Is there lots of writing - I get bored with it sometimes?

I hear you, Jen - I tried my best to keep to a minimum. You can either go to the LABELS section on the left hand side below the ARCHIVE and just click the 'Simards' label. Or you can simply skip over the writing bits and head right for the photos of your family - Rich will show you how:)

Hang on - there are lots of key events missing! I was there and I don't see nearly enough photos of me - what's up with that?

Quite right, Gail - you may not be aware but a horrible virus invaded our computer before I had any backing up system at all and many photos were lost. I'm sure you'll be happy to help me recreate missing events from all the photos you took. What's that? You didn't bring your camera? Right...

How do I submit feedback or file a complaint if I don't like it?

Good question, Tom - all complaints can be either emailed directly (in your usual way) or posted on the blog itself in the Comments section below each post. Don't be shy - I moderate all comments before they get published anyhow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment