Monday, September 05, 2011

Happy Labor Day!

Every year we go to Orlando with Rich, Jen and Mya to celebrate Labor Day. It marks the start of my favorite part of the year and our trip is always a great way to get the season kicked off!

This year the band Erasure were playing at the House of Blues (where Mike and I met :)) on Friday. Erasure had 24 consecutive top 20 hits in the UK but only 3 in the States so I was lucky to get to see them in a venue with under a thousand people and went right to the front too! Mike and Maddy spent the evening with an old friend of Mike's so I got to dance the night away at a concert all on my own for the first time:).

Now when I saw the Happy Mondays at HOB, I missed my cue completely when the inevitable "any Brits in the house?" question came up so I planned my outfit a bit more carefully this time. My moment of fame never came unfortunately :(...


I really shouldn't have wasted any time at all feeling self-conscious that it would be the hat or the fact that I was on my own that would make me stick out from the crowd...;)


Andy Bell was as fantastically outrageous as ever...


The show was absolutely brilliant and I had a total blast!


We didn't get in until past 1 a.m. so we were particularly proud of ourselves that we still managed to get up for the Puzzle Run in the morning (more pics and running stuff here!)...


After a fantastic race we met up with Jen, Rich and Mya, lazed by the pool for the rest of the day and then went for a lovely dinner...


In fact, we had such a nice time that the next day, we did it all again :)


We even hit the pool after dark...


And in the morning we did our traditional trip to Downtown Disney to get Lego and tattoos...


And of course, our traditional icecream breakfast at Ghirardellis...:)


"Cheers!!"

Happy Labor Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment