Tuesday, May 13, 2014

One Weekend Like This :)

Two and a half years ago we went to Washington D.C. to see Elbow (link here!) and had the most fantastic time. Since then, my love affair with their music has continued to grow and as they gain popularity I had been worried that I would never get the chance to see them in a small venue again. When they announced that they would be opening their North American tour at the very same club in D.C. on Mother's Day (which is also my birthday weekend:)) I couldn't believe my luck! I have been looking forward to the big weekend for months...
 
Mike booked a gorgeous hotel downtown just a couple of blocks from the White House. As soon as we arrived we took in some brunch and then did some sightseeing in one of my favorite cities on the planet!
 

 
Within 10 minutes we were in the middle of a demonstration for democracy in Egypt - God I love this town!!!
 
 
Nothing quite says "power" like sharp-shooters on the roof...
 

Looks like we got photobombed at the White House...:)

 
Our (double) selfies from the sight-seeing all look like this...

 
And my regular selfies all look like this...

 
...but Mike rolls his own way...

 
And so his all look like this...

 
It was really nice to just spend time enjoying our country's amazing capital city (and each other:))...
 
 
The war memorials are so poignant and moving. The WWII Memorial is one of the newer additions to the city...


 
 
The Korean war memorial is haunting...
 
 
Maddy was having a great time with the girls in Tampa and not missing us at all!

 
There's knowledge on every corner in D.C. We got some 'smarts' at the National Geographic Museum...

 
Some of it was too heavy for me though...


And then it was time for the main event. The 9:30 club is a fantastic venue and Elbow rave about how much they love it throughout the show. With only 1000ish people there we got right to the front again:).


 
Guy was on top form and interacted with the crowd throughout the show making everyone laugh...
 

Grounds For Divorce was as amazing as always...

 
The Birds was my favorite though :)
 
 
One Day Like This was sooooo beautiful :)
 
 
I could hardly bear it when the show and the weekend was over :(. Thank you Michael for one of the most amazing weekends of my entire life. It was the best gift ever. I love you more than you could ever know xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment