Tuesday, November 01, 2016

The Road to Recovery...

After a  two week delay due to Hurricane Matthew I finally had my hysterectomy operation! It was a bigger surgery then we were thinking it would be but I have been so well looked after and I'm incredibly grateful that I did it and I'm already feeling so much better!

Oprah's list may be more extravagant, but my favorite things for those first few days were: my flowers from work, a delicious casserole baked from scratch by a very thoughtful friend (thank you Keeya!), my customized, non-spill water bottle from Mike and Maddy and a pillow made by a hospital volunteer. So much loveliness - no wonder I'm recovering so well!


I've been sleeping a lot - so it's good to have snooze buddies too...


Walking heals evidently. At the moment, I'm slow and can't take the leash yet but Bryce is a very patient walking partner. He takes a couple of steps and then turns round and waits for me to catch up. He thinks he's a service dog...it's so sweet:)


Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers - you have been so amazingly kind. I'm doing really well and feeling like a new woman already:)

No comments:

Post a Comment