Sunday, June 18, 2017

RIP Bryce

Sadly, our beautiful boy Bryce passed away recently. He fought bravely through heart failure, severe arthritis and pancreatitis over the past 6 months. Thanks to our amazing vet we were able to manage his pain and maintain good quality of life until recently. Ultimately however, the medications were unable to keep pace with his health decline and over a short period of just a week he went from playing in the yard to not being able to get out of his bed. We slept with him and held him 24/7 for the past week and when it was absolutely clear that he was not going to be able to get better, we gave him the final gift of a peaceful passing at home in his bed with his family, favorite toys and flowers around him. We made sure that Juneau was there too so that she is not confused as to where he has gone and we are focused on loving her all the more. We knew that adopting a bonded pair of senior dogs would be agonizing down the road but despite the pain, we wouldn’t change a thing. Bryce was such an incredible boy, it was an honor to be his Momma and we couldn’t have loved him more. RIP Handsome x

Weep not for me though I am gone
Into the gentle night.
Grieve if you will, but not for long
Upon my soul's sweet flight.
I am at peace, my soul's at rest
No need to shed a tear.
For with your love I was so blessed
For my final year.
There is no pain, I suffer not,
The fear now all is gone.
Put now these things out of your thoughts,
In your memory I live on.
Remember not my fight for breath
Remember not the strife.
Please do not dwell upon my death,
But celebrate my life.

Adapted from a poem by Constance Jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment