Sunday, January 06, 2019

Iceland - part two

We flew priority class to Iceland which was totally amazing - particularly given that we were still feeling unwell...


For my first meal in days, I had a traditional Icelandic Christmas dinner - it was delicious!


We stayed in an apartment right in the downtown area of Reykjavik...


But even though it wasn't crazy cold (right around freezing), the winds were so icy and my chest infection made being outside really difficult...:(. I did manage to get out for breakfast one morning with Gail though which was really nice...


And we booked the famous Golden Circle tour to see some of the sights and learn a bit about Iceland...


We saw where the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates meet...


With only 4 hours of light a day in winter, it never really feels like daytime. It's a haunting and mysterious place...


At the end of the day, we saw the famous geysers erupting:)


And then back to bed again:(. For the New Year's Eve celebrations, I stayed in the apartment on my own. Luckily the fireworks were everywhere and I got to see a bunch right outside the front door!


On our last morning in Iceland we went to see some of the sights of the city...


Iceland is an amazing place, but I'll be honest, I was relieved to get back to the warm air and get to see a doctor. Hopefully I'll be back to normal soon and ready to start the new year over:)

No comments:

Post a Comment