Saturday, June 30, 2012

Coldplay :)

Coldplay came to Tampa this week so Mike, Maddy and I went over on Thursday night for the show! We saw the very beginning of the Mylo Xyloto tour in Atlanta last year at the Midtown Music Festival (link here!) and it was fantastic so we were really excited. We met up for a drink with a friend of mine from work, Mark, who was sure to rub in the fact that as an American Express cardholder he had been able to purchase much better seats than ours. I reassured him that the light show is always best viewed from the nosebleed section at the very back ;).  


As soon as we settled in we got a text from the other side of the stadium...

Mark: I hate to tell you but there's a mini stage right behind me
Me: you suck...I am so going to get an Amex


We were given wristbands as we went in and there were signs everywhere to put them on. I wasn't sure what to expect exactly...and then the lights went down and they fired up Jay-Z with 99 Problems...The anticipation and excitement at a concert just before the band comes out is one of my favorite feelings ever!


And then they came out...and then the whole place lit up. I have never experienced anything like it - it was completely breathtaking! I literally burst into tears, it was so freaking beautiful!!!


It took me a minute to realize that the wristbands were synchronized with the music! How cool is that!


In My Place...


"Turn the lights on - that's what makes you beautiful"


Whu oh whoahuh oh...etc...



The wristbands came on throughout the whole show!


And then they hit the ministage...and they were right...the whole place did go bananas...including Mark of course who was right there...


We did get our very own mini-stage experience when we saw Coldplay in England so I really can't complain (link here!).


And then in a flash, the amazing wristbands, lights, lasers, inflatables, confetti and music was all over:(. What a fantastic night!!! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment