Sunday, June 17, 2012

Our Girls' Night Out

Maddy and I decided to have a spur-of-the-moment 'Girls' Night Out' on Saturday night:). We started out with fab sushi at Kobe steakhouse...


...and then went to Magic Kingdom...


We got a great spot for the amazing Main St. Electrical Parade...


...and waited in front of the castle to see the Fireworks show, Wishes. I haven't seen the night show in literally years so I had no idea about the amazing castle light show beforehand. It was absolutely beautiful!




We saved about 20 minutes getting out of the park having recently discovered that all of the stores on the right hand side of Main Street as you exit are connected internally! (and "you're welcome":)). We decided to hop over to the House of Blues afterwards since The Cult were performing and I was hoping to catch She Sells Sanctuary from the bar out front. We got there too late unfortunately - just as everyone was coming out :(.

Maddy: Can we leave now? I don't like the look of these people.
Me: Don't be silly Maddy, they are middle-aged like me.
Maddy: Yes, middle aged and drunk - not a good combination. Can we go?

Maddy is at that wonderful age now where she is becoming a mini-adult. We decided to leave until we saw the band limo and waited in the car for a bit to see if they came out. After a little while some people did get into that car but we didn't recognize anyone 'out of the ordinary' looking. Not sure what I was expecting - I guess even The Cult are middle-aged now too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment