Friday, July 13, 2012

Taking the plunge!

We decided at work that we would do something new together as a team when we hit a particular goal. After voting as a group we decided on ziplining - yikes! I wasn't exactly thrilled that the Groupon date was Friday the 13th either...

Florida Ecosafaris (weblink here!) in St. Cloud is about an hour drive from Orlando and their 4700 acre eco-ranch is absolutely beautiful. The guides love what they do and it's a perfect setting for a great ziplining adventure. We got checked in and had our safety checks and put on our equipment...


144 steps up to the platform for the Panther Pounce - stepping off the 71 foot ledge into fresh air I can honestly say is one of the hardest things I think I've ever done!


The line got jammed just before our turn which wasn't exactly reassuring either!



After we did the longest zipline in Florida (over a quarter of a mile)..


 ...we decided to do the world's first zipline roller coaster. And you know how I feel about roller coasters:(. I stayed on the platform for over a half an hour going over and over it and I was completely terrified. It rained for about 10 minutes too which the instructors were really excited about since it would be even faster than usual:(. Eventually one of my team came up to get me and reminded me how much I would regret it if I drove home having not done it. He said it was fun and not scary at all. He lied to me...but I did it:)


What a totally amazing day - I am so stinking proud of myself!!

1 comment:

  1. You Go Girl! Isn't it funny...the older we get the crazier we get!! Keep going crazy!

    ReplyDelete