Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

We have had such a special Christmas this year :). On Christmas Eve the turkeys were back in our yard in the morning which is always a good omen...

 
There were 13 of them this time!!

 
Maddy spent the day with Mya at Epcot and the Grand Floridian while we did some last minute shopping and assembly for Maddy's big surprise gift!!
 
 
She loved it!!
 
 
I love the fact that my gifts only appear under the tree the night before. Mainly because Mike wraps about as well as he raps...
 
 
Christmas morning was full of trickery. When we opened our gifts in the morning I opened a big package and got really over-excited when I saw the word 'cycle' on the box. 
 
Mike: "Do you know what it is?" Me: "I do! I do!!It's a bike trainer! YES!!"
 
Well it wasn't - it was a bike rack. For my car. Mike looked crushed and no amount of "I wanted one of those too" was making any difference...  He waited until all of the gifts were opened before he gave me...a bike trainer;)
 
 
We all got a kick out of Maddy's silly putty in her stocking. Aahh, the small things...:)
 
 
Maddy opened all of her gifts and we cleaned up and relaxed with A Christmas Story. And just when she thought it was time to start getting ready, we gave her a flat screen TV!! Her face was priceless!!
 
And then it was time for the Ugly Christmas sweaters...Looking good Early Family...looking good...
 
 
Our angelic child...
 
 
Brussel sprouts...
 
 
On a less ridiculous note, it was so nice to christen our new home with family. Since we love them, we had 4 Rivers Smokehouse do the food. Everybody brought desserts and snacks too. The food, weather, gifts and company was just perfect :)
 
 
We had a really lovely time and feel like grown ups for hosting a family event for the first time. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to you all for coming and making our Christmas so very special. We love you x
 
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:51 PM

    Yay!!!!! My two and a half men and I made the blog finally. Again, thanks for a great day. You guys did a wonderful job and the new house is gorgeous!!! Take care. Liz

    ReplyDelete