Saturday, February 16, 2013

Richard III

I know that this has been all over the international news but for those of you that may have missed it, the body of one of England's most famous kings, Richard III, was found recently in Leicester! Not only is it my old home town but the burial location was actually my school's playgound! I walked over a king every day for years!! The whole story is here...

Here is the excavation site and the blue tarps are where the actual body was found. The building on the left used to belong to my middle and high school, Leicester Grammar School. It was sold to Leicester City Council a few years back and the playground converted into a parking lot. You can see the arched door about half way down which used to be the main door to the school...

 
And in front of the door - my school friends from that time (I am not in the photo)...

 
And here I am on just the other side of the street (you can see the school building on the right of the photo) - going to class :). I know I know...haven't changed a bit, right?...


How bizarre!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment