Monday, January 28, 2013

Kennedy Space Center

About a year and a half ago, Maddy and I went to see the last ever shuttle launch (link here!) at Cape Canaveral. We have not actually visited the Kennedy Space Center as a family, however, for over 10 years! We have changed just a bit since then...(link here!). To round off the best weekend ever we decided to go over on Sunday and check it out... 'cause I bloody love space :)


Maddy and Mike got the audio tours to get some extra space knowledge...


This is the actual walkway that Neil Armstrong and the Apollo 11 crew walked through before the first moon landing. I showed my respect with a moon walk of my own...


More David Brent than Michael Jackson I realize...


Earlys in the Command Module, pressing buttons and stuff...


Mike and Maddy in the Apollo building...


Mum, Dad, Mike and Maddy and the actual Command Module from Apollo 14...


The coolest building ever and the biggest one-story building in the world - the massive Vehicle Assembly Building which covers 8 acres inside!!


The beautiful astronauts memorial...


The rocket garden...


Mike - doing his JFK pose...


Good times :)

No comments:

Post a Comment