Friday, April 03, 2015

Twitching out back...

I'm still really into my bird watching and I'm also taking photography classes to get better photos of them. I have a lot to learn and need to be able to react much more quickly - birds are so fast and tricky to shoot! But I really enjoy the classes and have the most amazing teacher and mentor. We have some logistical issues out back too. The first bird feeder was tampered with by some kind of critter so we got one of those squirrel proof ones. But the seed was disappearing nightly and we couldn't figure it out until we busted this guy one night helping himself...


Not to be outwitted, Mike greased the pole to get even the next day...;)


Which appeared to work for a while. I snapped this beautiful cardinal...


And this family of goldfinches...


And then this guy...


Looking forward to Mike's next move :)

No comments:

Post a Comment